Friday, February 1, 2013

Close to Takeoff

Wow. It is Friday morning, so that means today, Saturday, Sunday, and half of Monday are all the time I have left before I grab my bags and head to Detroit to catch my 8 hour flight to the Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris, France! Then it's another hour and a half train ride to Angers, my new home for the next four months. Madame Breteau, my host mother, has so far made me feel very welcome. She has assured me that she will be à la gare, waiting for me when I step off the train in Angers, which is extremely comforting. She has also informed me that there will be a fellow CIDEF student living with us from Japan named Yuko. How exciting! I can't wait to meet them both.


Ready to be Filled!

Packing has been going well. I bought a lot of new clothes to wear in France because I know they are very fashionable over there. However, most of what I bought are basics that can mix and match to make several different outfits. So I will be both fashion forward and practical! I was very proud of myself for packing so efficiently. I have one 24" hard-sided suitcase, a 21" light carry-on (converts to a backpack and will be perfect for weekend trips!), a messenger bag for class, and a small red sling purse for running quick errands and shopping in crowded markets. I am actually having trouble filling my bags; Which of course is a great thing because then I can bring that much more stuff back!


Super Space Saving


All Packed and Ready to Go!

Where I'll Be!

Just writing this blog entry is stirring up all my excitement again! I am very nervous, but I am trying not to let my nerves put a damper on my preparations. I will miss my family and friends very much, but in reality, four months is not such a long time in the whole realm of things and I'm sure when it is time to come home I will be begging to stay longer. See you on the other side!

2 comments: