Sunday, March 3, 2013

Excursion 1: Saint Malo and Mont Saint Michel

Huge sailboat in the Saint Malo Harbor

Walls of Saint Malo



Inlaid pool on the shore, so cool!

 This first excursion was really cool. We saw two amazing fortresses built long ago, all in one long day. Saint Malo was my favorite because there was a lot to do there. We walked all around the outer wall which looks out over the Atlantic Ocean. It was beautiful and the water so bright and pretty, it reminded me of the Caribbean.The cathedral there was also amazing with all its stained glasses and stunning architecture. There were a bunch of different candy shops and souvenir places as well. Mont Saint Michel I liked better for its appearance. It makes such a striking figure against the watery landscape, it's hard not to love. Most of it is an old abbey that is much like a maze. Then their were some shops as well and the views were stunning. All in all, it was a really great day!

Saint Malo Cathedral

Candy!

Chocolate!





The view

The fabulous Mont Saint Michel


 In other news, I have opened a bank account finally. Now I am just waiting for my card so that I can also get a bike. I have made a ton of new friends, many of them Chinese! They are all so sweet and friendly, I'm glad I have the opportunity to get to know them. A few of us went to le Musée des Beaux Arts yesterday which was cool and then we went out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant. I had a blast and can't wait to go out with them again! That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment