Monday, April 1, 2013

Potpourri of Adventures


Hey there! So as always, much has been going on. Last weekend was the Troglodyte excursion, which began by visiting caves where people used to live and produce wine. Then we went to an actual functioning vineyard for a tour and a wine tasting and finally ended the night at a famous and fabulous restaurant set deep inside a maze of old caves. The food was amazing and I met two more really cool people! One from England and the other from Ireland. Then that night when we returned I got to go out with my friends and have a really good time. All around it was a great Saturday.







This week I went to see a Japanese play by professionals from Japan. It was cool to experience the different culture, knowing that it was one hundred percent authentic and it was very beautiful to watch. However, other than that I didn't enjoy it very much due to a mix of exhaustion, inability to comprehend anything being said, and the fact that it moved extremely slowly. But now I can say that I have been to an authentic Japanese play! And I got to hang out with some awesome people afterward.










This past weekend I did Nantes on Saturday and Versailles on Sunday. Today we have off because yesterday was Easter. Nantes was really cool, although freezing cold. We saw this museum with great big machines made to look and move like animals. The key piece was the giant mammoth that walked around the building. But I'll let the pictures and video speak for themselves. Versailles was also fun, although the trips there and back were long. It was a huge chateau and there was tons of art throughout. Apparently Easter Sunday is the most popular day of the year to visit however, because it was absolutely packed. It was an hour and a half wait in line to get in. But it was worth it and I had a good time chatting with good friends. We didn't get to see the gardens but that's okay, I figure I can go back some other time.





I know this post is really short, but I have a lot of things to get done today, so I shall be on my way! Hopefully I'll be going to Brussels this weekend and then it's Dublin next, so I shall post again soon with much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment